Finding and buying sites with Homes England
For any SME housebuilder looking for land. This is how Homes England sells land for housing-led developments. For sites under 70 units, these are sold through 3 routes:
- Homes England’s Delivery Partner DPS (using Building Lease or Building Lease ‘lite’ which is a simpler version tailored for smaller sites)
- The open market for example Rightmove (conditional or unconditional freehold sale)
- Standard auction practice
How to find Homes England Sites
Go to Land Hub – https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d33eab0621814ab194c936aba2d5d1fc
Land Hub shows Homes England’s pipeline of sites they intend to sell over a 6-month period. Land Hub shows sites that:
- Are expected to come onto the market within the next 6 months
- Are currently being actively marketed
- Have concluded marketing and where we have received an offer which has been approved internally
- Have sold under their building lease and are currently being worked through planning or are under construction
- Have sold sites that have had the freehold disposed
Tips on how to use Land Hub
To select a site using either the left-hand panel or via the map by clicking on the coloured locator. There is also a search and filter facility to focus on a location / area.
For each site listed on the Land Hub there is a red-line boundary of the site plus other useful information such as its size, planning status.
Land Hub also provides a local infrastructure map showing all the facilities in the area such as schools, GPs, retail units and road networks, as well as provide the distance to the nearest service.
How Homes England sells land for housing-led developments – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-homes-england-sells-land-for-housing-led-developments
Finding sites for housing-led developments – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/finding-sites-for-housing-led-developments
Land Hub – https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/d33eab0621814ab194c936aba2d5d1fc
Link – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-homes-england-sells-land-for-housing-led-developments
Subscribe to gain instant
access to this article
Create a free LDS account to continue reading this article
and gain full access to Boost.
Transforming development finance
for housebuilders, lenders and brokers