What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way as cookies. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Where We Place Cookies
We set cookies in a number of different locations across our services. These locations may include:
- Our websites and our services (such as our sales guarantee proposal generator and LDS BOOST).
- The emails we send.
Types of Cookies
The bullet points below outline the types of cookies we use on our website and services and why we use them. We also provide explanations of their purpose(s).
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for our services to perform their basic functions. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions.
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our website and services, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our website and services function and to understand how users interact with us.
- Functionality. These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Advertising. These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to users who use our website and services, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our website and services. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received.
- Third Party / Embedded Content. Services provided by us make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the user experience. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons). As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
What is Interest-Based Advertising?
Interest-based advertising allows us to deliver personalised and/or targeted advertising to individuals that are tailored to individual interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. We serve interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our website, services and other sites, content, or products or services, which may be supplemented by third parties as discussed below.
We allow third party companies to collect certain information when you visit our websites or use our services.
Opt-Out of Email Marketing
You may choose not to receive future marketing or advertising emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each marketing or advertising email that you receive from us. Alternatively, you may send us an opt-out request specifying your communications preferences to info@LDSyoursite.com.
Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving marketing or advertising emails, we may still send you transactional emails related to the performance of our services or your account with us, including administrative emails, maintenance emails, operational emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request), and responses to any “contact” request you initiate.
We may also restart sending you marketing or advertising emails if you later opt-in.
How do I Opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising?
You may choose not to receive interest-based advertising. Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements and marketing materials, but they will not be personalised to you specifically.
For some of our vendors that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), you can exercise your online advertising choices for those vendors to opt-out of interest-based advertising at http://optout.aboutads.info. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
How Do I Opt-Out of Advertising on Mobile Devices?
Mobile devices have an advertising identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. Depending on your specific device, you may be able to limit advertising or reset the advertising identifier within your mobile device privacy settings. Apps are also available to control advertising on your mobile device. You may also choose to turn off the device’s location tracking on your mobile device depending on your specific device.
Please note that some of the options described in the paragraphs above that you select are browser-specific or device-specific, so you may need to opt-out again if you delete cookies, use a different device, or change browsers.